Last updated on January 24th, 2024
Most vehicles are manufactured with factory antennas (also known as masts); the antennas are responsible for linking with available radio network frequencies around to enable you to enjoy your favorite radio channel as you drive.
The tragedy surfaces when people drive on lonely roads on the highway or on up-hills as they travel. The radio signal reception ability of most factory-fitted vehicle antennas is pretty poor; hence, it is recommended to get a replacement for such antennas.
In most cases, it is sometimes impossible for the antennas of radios in vehicles to get signals in forest areas because of their poor quality; so, you can’t be sure of listening to your favorite radio channel.
Why not take a look at some of these best short antennas for Silverado to enable you to upgrade your Chevy Silverado’s radio network connectivity?
Best Short Antenna Brands for Silverado
Getting a replacement for a Chevy Silverado’s antenna would do a lot to help the radio access a better network signal irrespective of the environment in most cases. The following brands are the best short antennas for Silverado.
- Rydonair antenna
- Ronin factory bullet antenna
- GM radio antenna
|This blog post may contain affiliate links. If you click on these links and make a purchase, we may earn a commission at no additional cost to you. We only recommend products or services that we believe will add value to our readers. Please see our full affiliate disclosure for further information.
10 Best Short Antennas for Silverado: Products Review
1. Rydonair 13-inches Flexible Rubber Antenna
The Rydonair antenna is a unique 13 inches flexible rubber radio antenna that specially fits the Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra/Denali. The antenna is designed with a top-notch capacity to optimize FM and AM signal reception.
The radio antenna’s jacket is manufactured with premium rubber with the ability to survive severe weather conditions.
The base is designed with carbon fiber that helps hold the antenna down while offering a stylish look at the car’s mount position.
The material design is such that the antenna can spring back into shape when bent over. It is one of the best Silverado radio antennas that guarantee a powerful signal reception.
- It is designed with high-quality material.
- The memory shape helps get the antenna back in shape when bent.
- It is designed to fit the Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Denali Terrain Canyon.
- Easy installation process.
- Brand: Rydonair
- Manufacturer Part Number: RD-RMRNS
- Item Weight: 2 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 14.6 x 2.5 x 1.1 inches
2. AntennaMastsRus – Car Wash Proof Short Rubber Antenna – Internal Copper Coil
The AntennaMastRus car wash-proof rubber antenna is designed with a durable, stiff rubber that is quite flexible but doesn’t bend over as fast as the typical rubber.
The antenna is made of highly durable material, and it is 6 3/4” tall.
The antenna is such that it can be mounted with screws to hold it in place. The mounting or installation doesn’t take the whole day because it can be installed in less than 1 minute.
The antenna installation only requires removing the factory-fitted antenna with a wrench and installing the 6 3/4” antenna with just a snug twist.
- The antenna is manufactured with durable EPDM rubber.
- The material has the capacity to withstand a temperature up to 257 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Its internal copper coil offers about 85% more conduction pulling in more stations.
- It is car wash proof.
- Easy installation process (less than a minute).
- Brand: AntennaMastRus
- Item Weight: 3.04 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 7.36 x 2.56 x 0.51 inches
3. Rydonair 7-inches Flexible Rubber Antenna
This is another excellent short antenna for a Silverado. It is manufactured with an ultra-conductive cord that is coated with automotive-grade rubber.
The 7 inches flexible rubber antenna is designed to fit the Chevy Silverado Colorado Avalanche Suburban and GMC Sierra Denali Terrain Canyon.
The antenna is also orchestrated with the capacity to optimize both FM and AM signal reception. In any case, the network connectivity comes in strong against all odds.
- It is manufactured with an ultra-conductive cord.
- Its flexible material offers shape memory that lets the antenna spring back when bent.
- The antenna is designed for a 7 inches tall length.
- Ease of installation.
- Brand: Rydonair
- Item Weight: 2.39 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 9.7 x 2.5 x 1.1 inches
4. Ronin Factory Bullet Antenna for Chevy & GMC Trucks
The Ronin factory bullet antenna is an anti-theft and anti-chip antenna. It is designed with a pre-applied thread-locking compound that helps to prevent dubious individuals from stealing your car’s antenna.
The antenna stands out and distinguishes a Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra/Denali. It is designed to set any of these trucks apart from all others. It also features Bluetooth compatibility, satellite radio, as well as auxiliary radio inputs.
The antenna is designed to be compatible with all models/years of GMC trucks, Chevrolet Silverado, and GMC Sierra pickup trucks.
If you need to move the antenna to another position in the future, it is designed with flexibility for readjustment.
- The antenna is made with 6061 billet aluminum and a hard-anodized black finish.
- It includes anti-theft and anti-chip designs.
- Bluetooth compatibility.
- It is car wash safe.
- Easy installation.
- Brand: Ronin factory
- Item Weight: 4.9 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 8.03 X 1.42 X 1.3 inches
- Item model number: 13
5. Maxracing Short Aluminum Antenna Compatible with Silverado 2007 to 2021
The Maxracing short aluminum antenna is manufactured with 7073 aluminum. It has a unique design that makes a Chevy Silverado look smarter in a stylish way. The antenna is such that it is installed with a direct bolt-on process.
- The antenna is made from 7073 aluminum with a hard-anodized black finish.
- It is designed to screw onto an existing antenna mount.
- It is made to last longer and perform better.
- It fits the 2007 – 2021 Chevy Silverado models.
- Brand: Matracing
- Manufacturer Part Number: MAL 156
- Item Weight: 2.29 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 4.92 x 2.36 x 1.46 inches
- Item model number: Silverado 2007 – 2021
6. RONIN FACTORY Truck Radio Antenna Accessory for Anti Theft
The Ronin factory 4” anti-theft short antenna is great for the Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Denali. The antenna is an easy-to-install anti-theft one, and it is also car wash safe, unlike the typical antenna that goes bad after a car wash experience.
The antenna features a modern appearance, such that it does not flap around its mounted position on the highways or the trail. You could add this to your Silverado truck to make it look stylish and innovative.
- The antenna is fitted with a tough thread-locking compound that prevents thieves from stealing the antenna.
- It is designed to fit most 2008 – 2019 GMC/Chevy trucks; 2020 GMC/Chevy 1500 trucks.
- Its modern design doesn’t flap around on the highways or trails.
- It is fitted with Bluetooth or auxiliary audio inputs.
- It is compatible with satellite radio and GPS.
- Brand: Ronin
- Item Weight: 1.58 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 5.8 x 3 x 0.1 inches
- Item model number: 13
7. GM Radio Antenna
ACDelco manufactures the GM original equipment radio antenna, which is highly recommended for GM vehicles. It is designed with top-notch materials and orchestrated in a grand style to fit and provide the sophistication and durability common with General Motors.
- The antenna is a GM genuine original equipment.
- It is designed to GM’s top-notch standard.
- The antenna is designed for Chevy, GMC, Cadillac, or Buick vehicles.
- It is fully backed by General Motors.
- Brand: GM
- Manufacturer Part Number: 10370211
- Item Weight: 0.16 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 8.4 x 1.1 x 0.7 inches
- Item model number: 10370211
8. CravenSpeed Bullet Style Stubby Antenna Compatible with Ford F-150 1997-2022
The Cravenspeed bullet-style stubby aftermarket antenna is the best out there for a Ford vehicle. The antenna was first machined in 2005 until the best design was manufactured with a perfect fit for the F-150s (1997 – 2021).
This bullet-style stubby antenna is the best you can get anywhere. Its billet aluminum material speaks of durability, high performance, and top-notch signal reception.
It features 2 corrosion-resistant adapters that are stainless steel and about 5 inches in length.
- Billet aluminum material and stainless steel hardware ensure durability and lack of corrosion.
- It receives signals excellently well.
- The antenna is made in the United States.
- Designed to improve vehicle looks.
- Easy installation (in seconds).
- Brand: CravenSpeed
- Manufacturer Part Number: CRFF-0040
- Item Weight: 3.98 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 0.75 x 0.75 x 5.37 inches
- Item model number: 13
9. AntennaX Super Shorty (1.5-inch) Antenna for Chevy 1500 Silverado GM
This is yet another fantastic aftermarket antenna you can ever think of when it comes to performance, durability, and ease of installation. The antenna is made from billet aluminum and coated with black powder.
The antenna is a PLUG-N-PLAY antenna that can be installed on your car’s existing antenna mount. It only involves a direct bolt-on process without wiring.
It is designed to replace a factory-fitted FM/AM antenna without affecting the Bluetooth, On-Star, GPS navigation, or Sirius XM radio. The reason is that these satellite services use a different antenna in the vehicle.
- The antenna is made from billet aluminum and coated with black powder.
- It includes an additional (.75-inch) antenna delete cap.
- PLUG-N-PLAY installation process.
- It does not affect existing satellite services; GPS navigation, On-Star, Sirius XM, and Bluetooth.
- Maximizes strong stations and reduces weak stations.
- Brand: AntennaX
- Manufacturer Part Number: B31-CHE74
- Item Weight: 3.2 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 7.2 x 3.2 x 0.9 inches
10. Bingfu Vehicle Short Antenna Mast Car Truck Antenna
The Bingfu vehicle short antenna mast car truck antenna is made from solid billet aluminum alloy material and a hard anodizing black coat that will not fade or chip. It is a car wash-safe antenna that is durable and high-performing.
The antenna is easy to install as it simply involves unscrewing the old antenna and mounting this new one in place with the appropriate screws. It is one of the best aftermarket vehicle antennas suitable for trucks and other off-road vehicles.
- The antenna is built with solid billet aluminum, coated with black hard anodizing that will not fade or chip.
- It is car wash safe.
- Easy installation.
- It is compatible with 2004 – 2021 Chevrolet Colorado, 2002 – 2021 Chevrolet Trailblazer, 2000 – 2006 Chevy Suburban, etc.
- Brand: Bingfu
- Item Weight: 2.9 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 3.15 x 4.72 x 0.79 inches
Best Short Antennas for Silverado: Buying Guide
The following are essential areas to look out for when buying an aftermarket short antenna for a Chevy Silverado.
It is important to choose an antenna with the best material possible. Most antennas are made of aluminum and are coated with paint. It is best to get an antenna that comprises both inner and outer parts.
The outer part is best made with a more rigid and relatively flexible rubber material; the inner part is best made with copper or aluminum for proper conduction.
Buying an ideal-sized antenna is essential because of the possibility of the longer antennas being damaged easily. However, it is best to get an antenna around 4 to 10 inches.
Meanwhile, those who prefer longer antennas could opt for something around 30 inches. In any case, ensure that you choose the most suitable for your vehicle make and model.
It can be pretty frustrating to search for tools to enable you to drill holes in your vehicle just to install an aftermarket antenna. That is why it is best to buy an antenna with a threaded base, making it easy to remove the factory antenna and screw on the new one.
I guess you don’t want to spend a fortune on an aftermarket antenna. However, it is essential to buy the best short antenna you can get for your Chevy Silverado.
A low-grade antenna costs around $10 to $20; a better grade should cost between $20 and $30; while most high-quality antennas cost around $30 to $45.
In any case, while considering your budget, be sure to get a quality antenna with high performance.
Similar Post: Best Short Antenna For Ford F150
Are stubby antennas any good?
Stubby antennas are good for people who drive Fords because they’re made from durable materials and they perform well when used with Ford vehicles. They’re not particularly easy to use for listening to AM radio, though, since they don’t work well with AM radios.
Is a longer car antenna better?
With respect to the ability of an antenna to receive signals, a shorter antenna is better than a longer one. An antenna measuring about 24 inches is ideal for your vehicle.
Why does my truck have 2 antennas?
If you’re driving a truck with two antennas, then they’re there for one reason: to help improve reception when things get bad. They won’t be able to fix everything but they might help.
Why does antenna length matter?
Longer antennas tend to be better at receiving signals from transmitters operating at lower frequencies. Shorter antennas are better suited to receive signals from transmitters operating on higher frequencies.
It’s not easy to imagine how frustrating it would be if you had a factory-fitted car stereo system that failed to receive any signal. That’s why some short antennas for Chevrolet Silverado have been discussed here to help you replace that failing factory antenna.
It doesn’t really matter which short antenna you choose if you’re replacing an old factory antenna because they’re all pretty good.
But please, take a look at these short antennas before making any purchase decision.