You probably have heard the utterance, ‘running like a rocket’ or ‘running like a well-oiled machine’ in many different movies. So, you can sense that moving your car that smoothly is never possible without having the engine oiled properly. It keeps the engine of your vehicle just going within a flash! And the job is done by the fuel filters.
However, it is needless to introduce you with the name Duramax as all of you are quite familiar with the name and its service. I rather explain something more important. And that is the oil filter. It is very challenging for many of you to have the best oil filter for duramax diesel engines even after using the engine for many years. But you don’t need to get upset because we are here to help you out! You just need to go through the article and get the basic ideas of the best oil filter for duramax out of many other filters.
So, guys without any further ado, let’s jump into the main thing!
List of Best Oil Filters for Duramax Diesel Engines:
Best Oil Filters for Duramax Diesel Engines Review
1. Bosch 3323 Premium FILTECH Oil Filter:
If you want to keep your oil clean, you have that to your disposal with Bosch 3323 Premium Oil Filters. For effective filtration and advanced wear protection measures, they use Bosch FILTECH technology, a blend of traditional and industrial-made materials, which makes it one of the best oil filters for Duramax.
Best Features of Bosch 3323 Premium FILTECH Oil Filter
- It has a bigger filter area and is capable of filtering more hazardous contaminants than a normal filter.
- Solid steel base plates and housing ensure a tight fit without any distortion and leakage, and if you start your vehicle, a silicone anti-reflux valve guarantees a clean supply of oil.
- Moreover, its filtering plates are 42 percent bigger than traditional filters, and the filter channel is nearly 30 percent larger and can screen more dangerous pollutants than standard ones. This allows your engine to protect against unsafe particles and debris, preventing premature wear and damage to the engine.
- They suit your engine better, do more and offer more benefits than other filter brands and fulfil or exceed all OEM warranty specifications and will continue to operate for an extended time.
- Filters more harmful pollutants to increase engine safety sturdy steel base plates and housing protect warping, breakouts, and poor fit
- Ensures a clean supply of oil when starting the car
- Provides a tight seal, yet easy to evacuate
- Double roller screwed seams
- A bit weak cellulose paper on the component filter
2. FRAM XG3717 Ultra Synthetic Spin-On Oil Filter with SureGrip
Frankly speaking, the Ultra Synthetic Spin-On Oil Filter with SureGrip is of a high standard as well as innovative technology. It captures 99 percent of metal particles, carbon, and dirt in oil with the dual-layered media before it passes through the engine. Thus having such qualities, it has gained its position among the best Duralax oil filter.
Features of FRAM XG3717 Ultra Synthetic Spin-On Oil Filter
1. The pressure relief valve prevents the entry of unfiltered oil into the engine and will maintain a steady supply of oil.
2. The components of the filter are made of high-grade materials. For precise fitting and erosion resistance, the case is made of painted steel.
3. The back valve for the anti-drain is silicone to withstand the high temperature and wear or tear.
4. For easy installation and removal, the case is coated with a SureGrip anti-slip texture.
- Top-grade filter components
- Resist erosion and fits perfectly into the engine
- Can tolerate high temperature and guarantees the free supply of oil into the engine
- Coated case with SureGrip anti-slip material
- Comes in easy replacement and reinstallation.
- Medium quality cardboard
3.Motorcraft FL2016 Oil Filter:
The Motorcraft FL2016 has the best protection against engine wear by screening abrasives like carbon, sand, dust and metal bits before they can get into your oil. Such amazing features have caused it to stand out as the best oil filter for Duramax diesel engines.
Best Features of Motorcraft FL2016 Oil Filter
1. Its pressure relief valves help to minimize the likelihood that contaminated oil will return to the engine.
2. The valve helps to maintain the engine’s supply of oil under extreme cold conditions or when the filter is stuck.
3. For accurate fit, it is coated with iron, fluted to facilitate removal, and painted to withstand rust.
4. Furthermore, efficient filter media provides increased ability to collect dirt and capture more engine-harming particles. Engine catches particles that cause harm.
5. Besides, the filter is provided with an anti-drain back valve with much durability to heat and pressure.
- Works smoothly even in cold weather with the help of integrated pressure relief valve
- Has a 12-month guarantee
- Fits very well even on many other diesel engines.
- A bit expensive
4.ACDelco PF2232 Professional Engine Oil Filter:
The ACDelco PF2232 Professional Engine Oil Filter has also made its place as the best oil filter for Duramax. assists in ensuring a clean supply of oil to engine components. If you own a V8 General Motors product, then replacing your existing filters with this one is never a bad option to consider. It is certainly a higher quality filter than the OEM filter attached to your vehicle.
Best features of ACDelco PF2232 Professional Engine Oil Filter
1. The filtration media is wired-backed cellulose and has a pretty impressive filtration efficiency of 98 % at 25-30 microns.
2. Besides, it is equipped with a burst-strength of five times the operating pressure of most engine oil. After the oil reaches operating temperatures, considering the operating pressure of the standard engine oil does not exceed 51psi, for increased durability.
3. This professional oil filter for the engine is designed to meet your fit, form and function expectations.
4. It has a capable unit which is built to last in the ACDelco professional fuel filter
- Manages the 30 microns at 98% output
- Provides adequate durability
- Can be mounted on 97% of vehicles
- 12,000 miles coverage guaranteed
- Less efficiency of Cellulose media
5.Purolator ONE Advanced Engine Protection Spin-On Oil Filter:
It is undoubtedly one of the best oil filters for Duralax excellent Purolator oil filter, which has generated many fantastic oil filters since its birth. In most situations, customers will get the filter works perfectly well for most vehicles. , If you pursue an oil filter that is reliable, durable, and affordable at a low price, we recommend the Purolator one.
Features of Purolator Advanced Engine Protection Spin-On Oil Filter
1. It all begins just with a high-density synthetic blend media. The blend media results in an output of 99 percent and up to 10,000 miles. But you need to use with full synthetic oil.
2. Usually, a change of oil and filter is recommended every 5,000 miles, so using this oil filter. It will even save you a decent amount of money over the long run.
3. Moreover, it has given a lot of value taking into account the modest asking price.
4. All the parts of the filter are built with high-quality materials including a silicone anti-drain back valve, metal bypass valve. Even the metal centre bar and end caps are of a very good grade.
- Longer lifespan ensured with metal and silicone components
- Filters 99% or more of the dirt
- Decent, 15 g greater than average efficiency
- Reasonable price
- Reputed brand
- Not the best for high-performance cars, such as racers
6.Royal Purple 10-2867 Extended Life Premium Oil Filter:
Royal Purple has shown in the extended life oil filter why they continue to be one of the leading manufacturers when it comes to auto-care for all things. Thanks to the 100% synthetic micro-glass media, this filter provide 99% efficiency at 25 microns. You can rest assured that the dirty oil that enters the filter will come out clean and ready to serve your engine. All these have made it the best Duramax oil filter.
Features Royal Purple 10-2867 Extended Life Premium Oil Filter
1. The synthetic fibres are highly lightweight and strong, thereby preventing the passage of virtually all contaminants.
2. All components are quality-ooze.
3. To avoid leaks, a nitrile rubber base gasket, and a silicone anti-drain back valve are used to avoid dry starts.
4. The end caps, centre-tube and bypass valve are all metal and have a convenient lifetime of more than 10,000 miles. It is an impressive number and makes this filter’s relatively high price worth it.
5. The shell that houses the filtration system is also extra thick, which will safeguard the internal components from things like road debris and rough weather.
- Durable design with premium components (including silicone medium metal backing)
- Expect at least 10,000 miles of use before required filter change
- The cleaning efficiency of 99% at 25 microns
- The brand with a reputation for manufacturing leading automotive products
- Well priced-you get what you are paying for
- Extra-thick coat
- High expensive.
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Oil Filter For Duramax Diesel Engines:
Buying the exact oil filter for your duramax engine I think you should check out some important things. These essencial part is below…
- In many cases, use of whatever oil filter came with your vehicle is good enough. But, if you are trying to get the most efficiency (and mileage) out of your vehicle, then the way to go is to buy a premium oil filter. This goes hand in hand with using a completely synthetic premium motor oil as well.
- Synthetic motor oil lasts much longer than conventional motor oil, so getting an oil filter that will last just as long makes sense. That way, before changing the oil or filter, you can easily get at least 10,000 – 15,000 miles of use. It may be a bit more costly upfront but, in the future, you will help minimize potential engine problems. However, cellulose is cheaper than synthetic media, but its quality is inferior.
- Blend media offers a better option in terms of both cost and efficiency. So, we can say, if your vehicle is used for specific purposes such as auto-racing, trucking, or off-road driving, buying a good oil filter is recommended too. It is very important in case of selecting the best oil filter for 6.6 Duramax.
- The oil filters come in a variety of shapes and sizes. Not every filter fit in your automobile. Choosing the one built for your car model should be easy to install without any hassle. If you want to do the job yourself, you do not need to go to a mechanic to change the oil filter.
- The lack of auto industry standards means that every car brand and car model have its specifications. The weight of the oil filter and the design of the housing determine if either or not it can be mounted in your specific car.
But the problem is, not all the filters would work well. Some oil filters give better service and some last for a longer period. But you don’t need to struggle for that as we have already done the market research for you. In case you are looking for the perfect oil filter and too much confused to choose, then you are in the right place! We reviewed many models and came back with the top oil filters for Duramax of all time. And each one is a great solution for specific requirements, and all works perfectly well in poor road condition and rough weather.
Why Should You Pick -off the Best Oil Filters for Duramax Diesel Engines
When you give a hard time to your engine by using the vehicle too often, the oil gets dirtier as it picks debris, dirt particles or other contaminants. Eventually, the oil getting so dirty, will not be having the ability to lubricate or clean the engine any more as before. As a consequence, it causes permanent damage to your engine and so even the vehicle. So, for avoiding such uncalled problem, you need to use the best oil filter for Duramax to run it like a rocket! It cleans up your engine and makes your car work like a brand new one!
Final Thought About Duramax Oil Filters:
In fine, it can be said that all the above-reviewed products are the best oil filters for Duramax diesel engines. All of these are very useful from different angles. But if you expect me to choose a better oil filter for Duramax, I would recommend the FRAM XG7317 Ultra Synthetic Spin-On Oil Filter with SureGrip. This professional oil filter for the engine has reasonable pricing and filtration capabilities of top quality. Even in cold weather, the pressure relief valves maintain the oil supply inside the engine.
On the other hand, among the other filters, I would highly recommend choosing the Bosch 3323 Premium FILTECH Oil Filter for the best possible value. The FILTECH technology and large filter surface give it a great capacity for filtration. But that really doesn’t mean that four other products are for no use, in fact, those are also very effective in terms of service and functionality. Different people need different products, such as some expect the best oil filter for Duramax diesel engine, some are in search of other specifications. You can’t get all the features in one filter, so you certainly need to understand which one to pick as the perfect and best for your vehicles’ engine.