Washing your car every week is the best way to wipe out the surface contaminants before they do any type of serious damage to the car’s paint work. The incorrect cleaning process can cause the paint swirls. Every time when you are washing your car, you are more likely rubbing grit into the paint work of the car. You really need to follow the tips so that you can wash your car without a little bit of scratch on it. With just carefully selected tools and deep knowledge of more important techniques, you will be able to achieve a professional swirl-free pain work just like the professionals.
A thorough car wash at your home can yield easily the professional result without the expense of taking your car to the detailing service. With the tips that you will find here, will not only help you to achieve professional results but it can end up by a satisfying task also.
A car wash can really work wonders with your vehicle both in terms of maintenance and aesthetic value. Not only, perfect cleaning can give your car a more appealing and cleaner look but it helps also the paint job and interior of the car last longer.
Major items needed to perform a complete car wash at home are:
- Bucket for water and the Car Wash Soap
- Car Wash Mitt or a good quality Sponge
- Towel or Absorber to dry out the car
- A perfect Shady Location
Optional items that you may require to perform a car wash at home are:
- Second Bucket of water filled with fresh, clean water
- Water Blade or other any other squeegee product
- Wheel Detailing Brushes
- Air Compressor with the air nozzle
Step by step method Best way to wash a black car :
- To start the clean up the process, park the car first in a clan and shady location, which is out of direct sunlight. Direct sunlight can affect the process of the car wash as it can cause the soap and water to dry previously and it can leave spots on the paint.
- If the wheels of the car are covered in the dirt or there is brake dust, it is best to start the process by scrubbing the wheels first.
- If you drove the car recently, it is advisable not to wash the wheels as the brakes can be hot as the heat will cause the soap or wheel cleaner very quickly to evaporate and can cause spotting. It can also result in severe cases warp the brake rotor.
- First, rinse out the tires and wheels by using the rag, sponge or the brushes of wheel detailing to wash out the grime and dirt that are covering the car wheels. Take a separate sponge but do not use the same sponge that you will use to clean up the rest of the car. If you use the same one, you may pick up contaminants from the wheels. It can even scratch the paint easily on the body of the car.
- Once the initial scrubbing of the wheels is complete, just start the process of main car washing.
- You can start the by rinsing out the car properly, start from the top of the car and work your way down. Make sure that you are paying special attention to spots where dirt or debris can accumulate. You can pull out all of the windshield wipers away from the glass into a propped position before rinsing or just soaping the car.
- Now take good quality car wash soap and fill a bucket of water. Mix the soap properly in the water by following the directions that you will find on the container of car wash soap.
- Keep a second bucket available and fill that with clean, fresh water. This second bucket can be used to clean the rag or sponge due to not contaminate the soapy water with any grime or dirt.
- Start washing process with a car wash mitt or sponge. Start it from the top and make your way down. When you are cleaning out the car, make sure that you are doing it in sections.
- First, start by washing the roof, then wash the hood, the trunk, one set of doors, and then move to the other side. In between every section rinse the soap off. By washing the car in section, it will ensure that the soap never dries on the car surface and it will let you see if any dirt or grime is missed. To prevent spotting, as you are moving with the process, try to keep the entire wet.
If you don’t want to use a lot of water but want a starch free clean up, you can go for the waterless car cleaning process. There are the high lubricity car wash sprays available in the market that you can use to clean up the body of the car. This is an eco-friendly process and will never cause any scratches on the surface. The high-lubricity chemicals of the car wash solution can encapsulate all the dust and dirt chemicals.
The process is quite similar to the car was but these cleaning gels are more efficient to clean up without scratches. The process is also less difficult. You just need to spray the solution on the car surface and wipe it out with a towel or sponge. It will leave no thick or thin dried dirt or mud on the surface to clean. But if your car is too much nasty, the process will not work may be. As the car is completely clean, it will be quite easier to get check the stubborn blemishes like scratches, oxidation on the paintwork. You can use the clay bar also to remove stubborn dirt or spots.
Some tips to avoid scratches:
When you are going through the process, don’t press the sponge too hard. By pressing it too hard, you may grind the dirt inadvertently over the paint and will potentially scratch it.Don’t ignore the crevices when you are cleaning it. These are the major places where the dirt collects.