An oil change at regular intervals is an essential factor in maintaining your engine because oil is the lifeblood of the engine, and it doesn’t break your budget.
There is more to changing engine oil at regular intervals, which is using the right motor oil for your engine.
Quality engine oil will lubricate the entire engine components and keep them clean.
In this review, we’ll discuss at length the top 9 best oil for Audi A4 and the information you require in buying them because high-quality engine oil will prolong your engine lifespan.
We’ll also review the best motor oil available in the market for Audi A4 engines and finally, answer essential questions Audi A4 users frequently ask.
Top 9 Best Oil for Audi A4 (Reviewed)
1. Castrol 03084c edge 5w-30 advanced full synthetic oil
Castrol Edge 5w-30 advanced full synthetic is the best engine oil for Audi A4. This engine oil is officially recommended for Audi A4 engines by Audi automakers.
It is the best motor oil for all Audi A4 models, both gasoline and diesel-powered engines.
Since the manufacturers officially recommend it, you can use it to replace OEM engine oil.
It is the best oil for Audi A4 and the best choice for any engine that runs on the same viscosity. It’s available in both 1-liter and 5-liter gallons.
- It reaches all the small components and regions in the engine compartment for reducing friction.
- It has various quantities available.
- It cleans all the internal engine components for smooth operation.
- It is a quality synthetic oil that will keep the engine cool.
2. Havoline 5w-30 high mileage synthetic oil
Havoline 5w-30 is another quality motor oil on our list. It comes with a sludge shield, reduces engine wear, and improves oil efficiency.
It is the best option with less friction effect. It will minimize friction and engine wear and keep your engine running at optimum temperature.
It also ensures the engine runs nice and smoothly. It allows the engine to run smoothly in various ranges of temperatures without any aftermath effect.
- It keeps the engine oil cool in both hot and warm weather conditions.
- It smoothes overall engine operation and reduces engine wear significantly.
- It reduces engine noise.
- It burns quickly at high speed
- Requires frequent oil change
3. Mobil 1 Extended Performance Full Synthetic Motor Oil 5W-30
Mobil 1 extended performance full synthetic is designed to prolong engine lifespan for any car model and incorporates proprietary properties that can keep your engine cool up to 20,000 miles between oil service intervals.
It is designed with a uniform synthetic oil molecule that limits friction and halts sludge buildups and engine deposits.
Its technological formulation maintains optimum operating temperature (up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit) and low-temperature protection (up to 30 degrees Fahrenheit), offering cold startups and fights against friction and engine wear.
Mobil 1 extended performance meets ILSAC GF-6 to offer low-speed pre-ignition (LSPI) and protects engine wear while keeping internal engine wear clean.
- It helps in preventing the formation of harmful sludge.
- It limits friction and wears on metal-to-metal contact on internal engine components.
- It halts the formation of deposits on engine components
- It controls Oxidation to prevent oil breakdown up to 20,000 miles between oil change
- It keeps your engine clean and healthy
- It offers hot and cold temperature protection.
- It requires frequent filter changes.
4. Shell Rotella T-55 synthetic blend 15w-40 diesel
Shell Rotella T-55 synthetic blend increases fuel efficiency and limits Ash development.
It is designed for diesel-powered engines and will significantly limit Ash’s development and maintain a clean and healthy engine system.
It increases overall engine performance because your engine will start smoother than before.
- It extends the need for an oil change.
- It meets low emission requirements.
- It keeps friction under check and offers free movement of engine components.
- It is costly.
- It is not a perfect choice for cold weather conditions.
5. Royal purple 51530 high-performance motor oil 5w-30
Royal purple 51530 comes in various size containers. It is a perfect choice for exhaust catalyst emission and also reduces fuel consumption.
This motor oil gives resistance to corrosion which makes it perfect for older engines to prevent metal contacts and engine wears.
If you’re looking for engine oil that’ll provide high mileage, this is the right oil for you.
It is perfect for all vehicles that use fuels that contain ethanol. It is also an excellent choice for gasoline engines.
Another important reason you should consider this oil is that it serves as a fluid and significantly reduces engine wear. Royal purple 51530 high performance is the best Audi A4 oil to use in the winter season.
- It has various quantities available
- It protects engines with catalyst emission
- It is excellent for ethanol fuels
- It also serves as a lubricant
- Halts corrosion and wear from your engine
- Burns quickly
- Not perfect for small engines.
6. Ravenol SSL fully synthetic motor oil 0w-40
Ravenol SSL synthetic is a fully synthetic motor oil perfect for both non-turbocharger and turbo-equipped engines.
It is formulated with highly effective and unique synthetic molecule oils and provides excellent lubricating properties that drive the oil to every small component in the engine compartment.
With 0w, Ravenol SSL motor oil offers excellent oil flow and protection during cold startups. And at high engine loads, SAE 40 provides high reliability and protection.
The combination of 0w and 40 ensures overall engine performance.
Ravenol SSL synthetic motor oil is excellent engine oil in various weather conditions and offers driving reliability in all situations, such as high-speed and extreme stop-and-go traffic.
It is an energy-saving motor oil that improved fuel economy. It is perfect for gasoline and diesel-powered engines with or without turbochargers and can be used in various vehicles listed on the label.
- It provides excellent shear stability, and comprehensive protection against corrosion, foaming, and engine wear. And a safe smear film at high temperatures.
- Excellent fuel efficiency characteristics for full and part loads while maintaining stability.
- Perfect for cold startup
7. AmazonBasics high mileage motor oil fully synthetic
AmazonBasics offers optimum wear protection to all internal engine parts. Due to its optimal protection of internal engine components, it is the right choice if you care about metal-to-metal contact.
It offers peak performance output once you follow the proper oil change intervals. It is available on store shelves, and it’s perfect for low-budget users.
It fights all internal issues that tend to compromise efficiency. It also has additional addictive solvents that keep the internal engine parts clean and prevent engine sludge.
It has finished-refined properties with little or no pollutants that could affect engine operation. It serves as a good lubricant.
It works as a penetration oil that reaches every part of the engine compartment to prevent metal-to-metal contact – to limit wear, friction, corrosion, or damage. It also offers emission support to all exhaust systems.
- Halts friction and engine wear
- It offers optimal service convenience
- It reduces volatile burn-offs
- It has standard viscosity for high-mileage vehicles.
- Initial dry startups.
8. Pennzoil Platinum High Mileage Full Synthetic 5W-30 Motor Oil for Vehicles Over 75K Miles
Pennzoil platinum high mileage synthetic oil offers mechanical protection to engines on the same viscosity ratings without compromising engine convenience and leaves unbeatable standards behind.
One of the notable reasons you should consider Pennzoil platinum oil for your Audi A4 engine is its specialized formulation that meets your mechanical quest.
It has an advanced cleaning additive that cleans interior engine components 40% more than its counterparts and works pretty well in all weather conditions.
Pennzoil platinum oil has conditioners and additives that offer protection to engine seals and gaskets to prevent oil leaks and engine sludge.
One of the crucial factors about Pennzoil is, it extracts its product from natural gas. The chemicals from natural gas and vital synthetic molecule concentration resolve some specific engine system issues.
Pennzoil platinum oil has additional additives that offer deposits, buildups, and wear protection. It also limits the effect of deteriorating low-speed pre-ignition (LSPI).
- It prevents loss of power.
- Prevents oil leaks and engine sludge
- It is suitable for high-mileage vehicles
- Perfect for all weather conditions
- It offers seals and gasket protection against oil leaks.
- Poor oil burn-off rate
- It offers minimal effects on the fuel efficiency
9. Motul 104092 7100 4T 10W-40 Motor Oil
Motul Synthetic engine oil gives no room for any form of sludge or carbon deposits on the internal engine components. Its formulation has an advanced technology that deals with harmful exhaust emissions.
It has preventive additives that ensure adequate lubrication between moving engine components.
It also reduces engine wear and tear. Motul Synthetic engine oil is the right oil for your vehicle if you don’t want to worry about poor power output, low engine performance, deposits, sludge, and buildups.
- It has a premium addiction that halts engine sludge, buildups, and deposits.
- It offers protection to internal engine components against wear and tear.
- It offers emission control
- It fights against the loss of engine power.
- Not popular in the market.
The Ultimate Guide to Finding the Best Oil for Your Audi A4
Purchasing the best engine oil is always a mind-boggling task. But you can avoid mistakes by following some considerations.
You should consider various factors when searching for suitable engine oil for Audi A4 engines; in any case, you should watch out for the factors below.
These factors will help you choose the best motor oil that will meet your maintenance quest.
Consideration should be on the Audi manufacturer’s recommendation. If automakers recommend any oil, it simply means the oil meets their standard.
So, before buying any oil, check the owner’s booklet for the recommended oil. You don’t have to switch the oil unless it’s absolutely necessary.
When it comes to choosing the right oil for your Audi A4, you have the option to choose between a synthetic blend and a fully synthetic one.
When making this choice, you should also keep in mind that full synthetic is better than synthetic blend in all aspects.
However, several blended formulas tend to close the gap between fully synthetic and synthetic blends.
You should always consider the immense temperature variations. There are two different oil variations that could fit Audi A4; 5w-20 and 5w-30. However, you should consider 5w-30 for better viscosity ratings.
Almost all full synthetic and synthetic blends contain chemical additives for better output performance.
Most of these formulas have additive solvents for interior cleanliness. And they prevent engine wear, friction, breakdown, and corrosion.
There are several formulas that meet your engine viscosity ratings and spec. But you obviously want to use the best of all.
Therefore, you can use different formulas, and with your experience, choose which formula has the maximum output.
How to check the oil level on my Audi A4?
It is essential to check your engine oil level regularly. It is an essential aspect of engine maintenance.
- Park your vehicle on flat level ground and engage the hand brake. Turn off the engine and allow it to cool for 3-5 minutes.
- Raise the hood, and locate the oil dipstick on the driver’s side. Pull the dipstick and wipe it with a clean rag.
- Locate the L and F lines. Reinsert the dipstick all the way in and pull it out.
The oil level slightly below the F line depicts okay. Lower or higher oil levels can cause severe engine damage.
Which engine oil is best for Audi A4?
Audi A4 vehicles are equipped with either a 2.0L turbocharged engine or a 3.2L V engine. The best oil for either engine variant is 5w-30 API-SM certified oil or fully synthetic 5w-20.
Does Audi A4 need synthetic oil?
Unlike older vehicles, Audi manufacturers recommend synthetic oils for newer Audi A4 models, which extends the engine lifespan and offers peak performance.
What type of oil does Audi A4 take?
As you already know, Audi A4 has two engine variations. It comes with either a V6 3.2L engine or a turbocharged 2.0L engine. The automakers recommend 5w-30 API-SM certified engine oil or 5w-20 fully synthetic formula.
How much oil does an Audi A4 take?
The 2003 Audi A4 comes with an oil capacity of 6.9 quarts. The later models from 2003-2007 come with 4.5 quarts. The oil capacity increased from 4.5 – 4.9 quarts from the 2007-2012 models. And from 2013 – 2015, the oil capacity hikes to 5.5 quarts. And from 2016 models onwards, hikes again to 8.2 quarts.
What are the suitable Audi A4 oil change intervals?
An oil change is one of the primary and most important engine maintenance. Instead of covering 3,000 – 5,000 miles before an oil change, Audi automakers recommend an oil change every 10,000 miles or per annum, whichever comes first.
What does the exact Audi A4 oil pump replacement cost?
Audi A4 oil pump replacement cost lies on various factors; your location, your engine variant, and the dealership you want to service your vehicle with. In any case, the estimated Audi A4 oil pump replacement cost ranges from $1000 – $1300. This is an estimated price. The actual replacement cost can be more or below this price.
What does the Audi A4 oil change cost?
The actual cost for the Audi A4 oil change relies on the labor charges. However, the average service fee ranges from $100 – $170.
Engine oil is the lifeblood of an engine. So, you should always consider the best oil for Audi A4 for maximum output. Choosing any of the outlined oils above will meet your intended demands.
However, Castrol 03084c edge is the best among its counterparts. It provides maximum engine performance while leaving unbeatable standards behind.
Its improved formula keeps everything under check, and all its features come with a pocket-friendly cost.
Supportive Post: You can see this guide If you want to change the oil of your Audi A4.